Cauliflower Wings by Chef IcaWolg
This recipe is based on an Indian dish called Gobi Manchurian. The taste and texture is incredibly similar to boneless chicken wings. These things are addicting!
1. Steam the cauliflower florets for 10 - 15 minutes or until tender.
2. In a large bowl add flour, corn starch, salt and pepper. Add water while stirring until you have a smooth batter. The consistency should be similar to a milkshake.
3. Place the cauliflower in with the batter and mix until well coated. Alternatively, you could mix/shake the florets and batter in a zip lock bag. Set aside.
4. Heat olive oil in saute pan under medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and green chili. After 5 minutes add the ketchup, sriracha sauce, white vinegar, water, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 10 minutes stirring frequently.
5. Heat canola oil in a small saute pan under medium - high heat. Add a few of the florets and cook. Flip the florets when one side starts to brown. Each floret should take less than 5 minutes to cook.
6. In another bowl, mix the cooked cauliflower florets and the sauce.