Cinnamon Caramel Banana Muffins by Chef IcaWolg
A little twist on a traditional banana muffin recipe. Very tasty and extremely simple to bake!
Breakfast & Brunch
Preheat oven to 350
1. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl add in the sugar, mashed bananas, one egg, and the stick of melted margarine. Mix well until all ingredients appear combined.
3. Slowly add the flour mixture into the banana mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until batter loses all lumps and becomes smooth.
4. In a slightly greased* muffin/cupcake pan add in batter filling each cup just about 3/4 the way. After each cup is filled with batter you can sprinkle on a dash or two of cinnamon on top of each muffin. After the cinnamon is on take a table-side spoon filled with caramel sauce and dump on top of the muffins. Once each of the muffins is prepped, take a butter knife and gently swirl the cinnamon and caramel into the muffin batter. It only takes a few swirls, it doesn't need to completely be mixed into the batter.
5. Set muffins in the oven and let bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown! Let cool and indulge into a sweet morning treat!
*If you feel more comfortable using a paper liner instead that works just as well.