Malai Kofta by Chef boomadonna
Malai koftas are delicious Indian vegetarian meatballs served in a creamy tomato cashew sauce.
*** Please note that the ingredient measurements listed to the left are accumulative of the entire recipe. I’ve listed the proper measurements for ingredients in the directions below ***
4 tbsps paneer, 1 mashed potato, 1 shredded carrot, 1/2 cup cashews, 1/2 cup raisins, 1 diced green chili, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp sugar, and 1 tbsp corn flour.
Can't find paneer? Queso blanco is a great substitute!
1. Boil potato and mash.
2. Place cashews, raisins, and shredded carrot on baking sheet. Bake in oven at 300 degrees for 10 minutes or until cashews are slightly browned. Place in a food processor and pulse until mixture is finely chopped.
3. In a bowl mix: mashed potatoes, crumbled paneer, cashew-raisin-carrot mixture, diced green chili, cumin, sugar, and corn flour.
4. Form small balls with the mixture (you should get around 10 -15 balls). Fry in canola oil on saute pan under medium heat until brown.
5. Place the koftas in the oven on a baking sheet. Keep warm at 250 degrees.
2 chopped tomatoes, 1/2 chopped onion, 3 chopped garlic cloves, 2 tbsp crushed ginger root, 2 tsp poppy seeds, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp tumeric, 1 tsp red chilli pepper, 1 tbsp all purpose flour, and 1/2 cup cream.
1. In a food processor blend all of the ingredients except flour and cream.
2. Place sauce in saucepan over low-medium heat. Add the flour and cream. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
Serve over basmati rice.