Pulled Eggplant Barbecue Sandwiches w/ Slaw by Chef boomadonna
Summer is the time for barbecue, vegetarian barbecue.
- 1 chopped Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 head, sliced Raisins
- 2 cups sliced Red Onion
- 1/2 minced Cremini Mushroom
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup cloves garlic
- 1 tbs Tabasco
- 4 tbs Stalks of celery
- 1 tbs Agave nectar
- 2 tsp Sunflower oil
- 2 tsp caramels
- 2 tsp fresh coriander
- 2 tbs Freshly milled white flour
- 1/2 tsp diced onions
*** Please note that the above ingredient measurements are accumulative of the entire recipe. I’ve listed the proper measurements for ingredients in the directions below ***
½ head of cabbage, sliced. ½ green bell pepper, minced. 2 cups carrots, sliced. 1 cup mayonnaise. 2 tbs Dijon mustard. 2 tbs apple cider vinegar. 2 tbs sugar. 1 tbs celery seed. 1 tbs grated onion. ½ tsp salt.
1 cup ketchup. ¾ cup apple cider vinegar. 1 tbs butter. 4 tbs brown sugar. 1 tbs lemon juice. 1 tbs dijon mustard. 1 tbs sriracha sauce. 2 tsp garlic salt. 2 tsp onion powder. 1 tbs ground celery seed. 2 tsp cumin. 2 tsp black pepper.
2 baby eggplants, sliced. ½ onion, chopped.
1. Place all of the *SLAW* ingredients in a bowl. Mix. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
2. Place all of the *SAUCE* ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over low/medium heat.
3. Peel the eggplant and slice it as thin as you can.
4. In a sauté pan, heat olive oil. Cook ½ of chopped onion until tender.
5. Add the eggplant slices to the sauté pan and cook until brown.
6. Add the eggplant and onion to the bbq sauce. Cook for at least an additional 10 minutes.
7. Serve the “pulled eggplant” and slaw on a bun!