Twice Baked Cauli-tatoes by Chef boomadonna
This is a mash-up of a few recipes: twice baked potato + mashed cauliflower + pub style potato skins. The roasted cremini mushrooms give a crunchy bacon-esque taste to the appetizer. It's simple, requires few ingredients, and is great with a beer or six.
1 hr 0 min
4 - 8
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Slice the cremini mushroom caps and place in mixing bowl. Add the extra virgin olive oil, salt, and mix until the mushrooms are well coated. Scoop the mushrooms on one side of tin foil on oven pan.
3. Poke the potatoes with a fork a few times. Place the potatoes on the other side of the oven pan. Cook in the oven for 1 hour, possibly a little longer if they are big potatoes. Stir the mushrooms every 15 minutes.
4. About 30 minutes into the cooking: chop the cauliflower into small pieces. Place in stove pot and cover with water. Cook for 10 minutes. Drain the cauliflower and put in mixing bowl.
5. When the potatoes are finished cooking, cut them in half. With a spoon, fork out the insides to make a shell. Place the excess potato in mixing bowl with cauliflower. Add the garlic, butter, and mash!
6. Scoop the mashed potato/cauliflower into the potato shells. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and roasted cremini mushrooms on top. Place back in oven for 10 minutes. Top with scallions.